Saturday, April 18, 2015

Second Patreon Milestone Reached!

I'm very happy to be able to report that we've crossed the second milestone in the Patreon campaign devoted to the Half Hour Hegel project!  (Patreon allows those who want to support content producers to do so - and to get a few perks and rewards in the process.)  At this level of support, I've pledged that I'll step up the rate of producing these videos -- from the initial leisurely 4 per month to a somewhat more intense 6 videos per month.

At that rate, if I can effectively do that this month -- which is, as I write, more than half over -- we could be through the section "Perception" by the end of the month, or at least by the end of the first week of May!  And then, we proceed into one of the admittedly more difficult and murky portions of the text - "Force and the Understanding,"  which at the rate of 6 videos per month, might be finished by the end of June.  And that means, at this stepped-up speed, we get into the section that everybody asks about, the famous dialectic of Master and Slave, early on in July (moving into the whole portion of the text "Self-Consciousness")

I've got to say that I'm very happy and grateful to see such support early on in this Patreon campaign.  I frankly thought that it would take a bit longer to arrive at this point, but I'm glad that it didn't!  Now, though, it's up to me to make good -- and keep on making good -- on my own commitment to step up the production of high-quality Hegel videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment